Monday, April 11, 2011

Waldo von Erich and "The Post"

Back in 2003, I was able to get in contact with the great Waldo von Erich. As a child, I was scared to death of this big "German" heel, but I found out he was one of the most humble gentlemen you could ever meet. We corresponded a few times, and Waldo sent me a letter along with a brochure for a training device called "The Post" he was looking to have patented and marketed in the United States. As far as I know, he never did achieve this goal, and Waldo von Erich passed away on July 5, 2009 at the age of 76 from injuries received in a fall. While working in this territory, he held the U.S. Tag Titles with Karl von Brauner, and the North American Heavyweight title as the masked Great Zimm. I just wanted to share his letter and brochure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy Laser Toner Online